General terms and conditions
General terms and conditions Groenendijk B.V. 13-11-2020
1. GENERAL. The term "renter" shall be taken to mean the person who enters into an agreement with Groenendijk B.V. with respect to the lease/use of the accommodation. The term "user" is understood to mean: the renter and the persons specified by the renter who make use of the accommodation rented by the renter and/or other facilities. You yourself are responsible for having the valid travel documents required.
2. BOOKINGS. Bookings/reservations can only be made by persons who are 21 years of age or older. It is not allowed to make reservations for persons under 21 years of age. Groenendijk B.V. reserves the right at all times (without giving reasons) to refuse to process a booking. In the event of an online reservation Groenendijk B.V. will send you the booking confirmation immediately after payment or payment on the email address provided by you. The agreement concerns rental of accommodation and/or other facilities for recreational use, which by its nature is of short duration.
3. PAYMENTS. With an online reservation you need to make a deposit of 30%. The remaining amount must be received by Groenendijk BV no later than 6 weeks before the day of commencement of your stay. For bookings made within 2 months before the start of your stay, the full booking amount must be paid. In the event of late payment of the amounts invoiced to you, you will be in default immediately after expiry of the payment term. In that case Groenendijk BV will give you the opportunity in writing to pay the outstanding amount within 7 days. If payment is still not made, Groenendijk B.V. reserves the right to dissolve (cancel) the agreement with effect from the day that the 7-day period has expired and you are liable for all damage Groenendijk B.V. suffers or will suffer as a result, including all costs incurred by Groenendijk BV in connection with your booking and the dissolution. Groenendijk B.V. is in any event entitled to charge cancellation costs. In that case the provisions of article 9 apply. Groenendijk B.V. shall at all times be entitled to set off claims against you for whatever reason against the amounts paid by you for whatever reason.
4. PRICES. You shall owe Groenendijk B.V. the agreed rental price, as stated in the confirmation, including the invoice for the booking. If the costs of Groenendijk B.V. (personnel, energy, taxes, etc.) have demonstrably and unforeseenly increased after the conclusion of the agreement Groenendijk B.V. is entitled to increase its prices and charge the increased price to you. This price increase will amount to a maximum of 5% of the previously agreed price and will give you the right to dissolve (cancel) the agreement on that ground. All prices are inclusive of VAT, if applicable, unless stated otherwise.
5. DEPOSIT. Groenendijk B.V. requires a deposit from you. The amount of the deposit is stated on your confirmation. The deposit, or any remainder thereof, will be returned to your bank or giro account within two weeks following your departure, provided you leave the accommodation in the proper manner, taking into account the provisions of article 6. Any claims for compensation will not be made as a result of this refund. Please note that we will only be able to transfer the deposit if you have provided your IBAN number. It is your own responsibility to fill in your IBAN number.
6. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE. The rented accommodation can be occupied on the agreed day of arrival as stated in the booking confirmation from 15.00 hours. On the agreed day of departure, as stated in the booking confirmation, the accommodation must be vacated before 10.00 am. If the use of the accommodation is terminated earlier than on the agreed date, as stated in the booking confirmation, the renter is not entitled to a refund of (part of) the rental price and/or costs. If you do not comply with the rules on departure, as stated in the welcome folder, the costs as stated in this folder will be deducted from the deposit.
7. SMOKING. Smoking is not permitted inside all our accommodations. If this is not complied with, Groenendijk B.V. reserves the right to terminate the agreement with immediate effect. If the rental agreement is terminated, Groenendijk B.V. retains the right to retain the deposit.
8. CANCELLATION FEE. If a reservation is cancelled, a cancellation fee will be due. These amounts are 30% of the total costs + reservation costs in case of cancellation up to 4 weeks before the day of arrival and in case of cancellation from the 4th week of arrival or later 100% of the total agreed costs, unless otherwise agreed or agreed with Groenendijk B.V.
9. FORCE MAJEURE AND MODIFICATION. In the event that Groenendijk B.V. is temporarily or permanently unable to carry out the agreement in full or in part due to force majeure, Groenendijk B.V. will submit a change proposal for another accommodation within 14 days after it becomes aware of the impossibility of fulfilling the agreement. Force majeure on the part of Groenendijk B.V. exists if the performance of the agreement is wholly or partially, temporarily or otherwise, prevented by circumstances beyond the control of Groenendijk B.V., including fire, floods and other malfunctions or events. You are entitled to reject the amendment proposal. If you reject the amendment proposal, you must make this known within 14 days of receipt of the amendment proposal. In that case Groenendijk B.V. is entitled to dissolve the agreement with immediate effect. You will then be entitled to a waiver and/or refund of (the part of) the rent already paid. In that case Groenendijk B.V. shall not be obliged to compensate any damage.
10. SUBSTITUTION. The renter and other users are not permitted to leave the accommodation under any name whatsoever and for any reason whatsoever to third parties other than the persons named in the agreement, unless otherwise agreed in writing with Groenendijk B.V. If you and Groenendijk B.V. have agreed that you and/or one or more users are to be replaced, you will remain jointly and severally liable to Groenendijk B.V., in addition to the renter and/or user who replaces you and/or other users, for payment of the part of the rent that is still due, the amendment costs and any additional costs following the replacement and any cancellation costs.
11. OFFICE. Groenendijk B.V. has the right at all times to terminate the agreement with immediate effect if personal details of you and/or other users are provided incomplete and/or incorrect when booking. In such a case there will be no refund of the rental sum or part thereof.
12. BREAKAGE/ DAMAGE. Tenant, mentioned on the booking confirmation, is responsible, which does not affect the responsibility or liability of the other users/guests, for an orderly course of affairs in and around the rented accommodation or elsewhere in the park, insofar as this is influenced by him or his companion/the other user. In addition, the renter is always liable, which does not affect the liability of other users, for damage caused by breakage and/or loss and/or damage to inventory and/or accommodation. Any damage must be reported immediately by the renter to Groenendijk B.V. and immediately compensated on site, unless the renter can prove that the damage was not caused by his own fault, that of other users or that of one of the members of his party.
13. LIABILITY. The agreement between you and Groenendijk B.V. is exclusively governed by Dutch law. Groenendijk B.V. is not liable for loss or damage to property or persons of any nature whatsoever during or as a result of a stay in one of our accommodations and/or other facilities of Groenendijk B.V., unless there is intent and/or gross negligence on the part of Groenendijk B.V. or (one of) its employees. Neither does Groenendijk B.V. guarantee that your stay in one of its accommodations will meet your expectations. Liability for damage consisting of loss of travel enjoyment and/or other consequential damage is excluded under all circumstances. Furthermore, Groenendijk B.V. is under no circumstances liable for loss or damage for which there is a claim to compensation under a travel and/or cancellation insurance or any other insurance. Groenendijk B.V. is not liable for failures in the provision of services or faults in services provided by third parties. You and the user are jointly and severally liable for all loss and/or damage to the rented accommodation and/or other property of Groenendijk B.V., occurring during its use by you and/or other users, regardless of whether this is the result of acts or omissions of yourself and/or third parties who are in the accommodation with your permission. You indemnify Groenendijk B.V. against all claims in respect of damage from third parties which are (partly) the result of any acts or omissions by yourself, other users, your travel companions or third parties who are in the accommodation with your permission. In the event of incorrect use of or failure to leave the accommodation correctly, including but not limited to excessive pollution, additional costs will be charged, which you will then be obliged to pay immediately.
14. RULES. All guests must comply with the rules laid down by Groenendijk B.V. for the accommodation. At check-in one is obliged to identify oneself with a valid proof of identity. Each accommodation may only be occupied by the number of persons stated in the brochure for the accommodation in question. No tents/caravans & campers may be placed near the accommodation without permission from Groenendijk B.V.
15. COMPLAINTS. Groenendijk B.V. makes every effort to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Inadequacies in the accommodation must be reported immediately so that they can be resolved. If there are any problems, comments or remarks during your stay, always report them immediately. After check-out; you will not be able to claim any reimbursements, claims, etc. Complaints or advice can be sent to our office in Burgh-Haamstede.
16. GENERAL. All data you provide to us will be included in a file. The database will be used for our guest administration. These details will not be provided to third parties